By using the Scottsdale Community College Writing Center Canvas and other in person or online services, you are indicating your understanding and acceptance of the following expectations.
I understand that:
- tutoring is provided to help me become a better writer. Tutors will support my learning and answer questions, but they will not simply “fix” my paper– they do not edit, proofread, or spell-check.
- the tutor’s role is one of general support and the ultimate responsibility for all work as to correctness, completeness, and responsiveness to the instructor’s requirements rests with me.
- students must be currently enrolled (for credit) in the SCC classes for which they receive tutoring.
I am aware that:
- I may receive up to one (1) hour of individual tutoring per day on campus or online.
- I may request digital confirmation of tutoring attendance from my tutor.
I agree to:
- demonstrate mature, respectful behavior toward all Writing Center technicians, tutors, and staff as well as fellow students.
- develop specific questions or concerns about my writing rather than vague requests for help (e.g., “Does it flow?” or “Is it good?”).
- provide copies of drafts, assignment materials, or research as necessary .
- respond to all Canvas and email communications in a timely manner.
- accept responsibility for my academic performance.
- schedule my time wisely, allowing myself plenty of time for the writing, feedback, and drafting process.