- Students must register before the start of the competition, no later than March 4, 2021, 11:59 PM.
- Once the competition opens on March 6, 2021, 12 midnight, students can browse the completed menu of projects and pick the activities they are interested in.
- Students must complete a minimum number of 1 project to be eligible for top discipline awards, t-shirt, and drawing.
- Students must complete 3 projects to be eligible for the top awards; grand, first, second and third prizes. These students are also eligible for top discipline awards, t-shirt, and drawings.
- As students work on their projects they need to document their process by taking photos or video clips of their activities and arranging them as MP4 files. The photos can be placed into, say, PowerPoint and converted into an MP4 file. Click here to see how to make an MP4 slide presentation via PowerPoint.
- When a student finishes a project, the student then submits the MP4 of a slide show or a video in the designated area of this website.
- Project videos must be submitted before the deadline of April 18, 2021, 11:59 PM.
- A competitor must be a current student at Scottsdale Community College (SCC) or be attending any high school in Maricopa County, Arizona.
- High School competitors will not compete for top prizes against SCC competitors.
- Students are expected to work independently and submit original work.
- In every step of completing a project, the competitor must show their face and that they themselves are doing the work.
- Do not record already finished work. It needs to be seen that you did it yourself. Be creative. With a slideshow, show all the steps you took with written commentary on a slide. The more a competitor documents the work is theirs, the better chance there is in hitting every aspect of the competition in that discipline.
- All images must be original.
- No parents, roommates, etc. can aid any competitor in their work.
- All MP4 files must be 5 minutes or less in length and questions in the project need to be answered verbally or each step of the work shown.
- For security purposes, the submission of the MP4 files must be done through Google. Hence, the competitor must have a Gmail account. You may create one individually or a group (at a high school) can create one for all the students submitting from the one school.
- Each submission file must be named as follows:
For example: math_dueck_patricia_SCC.mp4
- Competitors must submit at least one project per week until they have completed all projects. If projects are all submitted before the 3rd week of the competition, they are eligible for an early bird award.
All questions can be sent to the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org