The Scottsdale Community College Writing Center staff is pleased to offer online Spanish tutoring to all registered, for-credit students.
If you wish to receive online tutoring for Spanish, please read the following or watch our video and check that you meet the requirements and understand the procedure.
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment for online tutoring in Spanish, call us at 480.423.6416 or stop by LC-379. Be sure to indicate that you’d like to receive tutoring in Spanish online.
I. Technical Requirements
To receive online tutoring, you’ll need to meet a few technical requirements.
You must have:
- A computer with access to the internet (connection speed is not important);
- An activated student email account through Google (yourMEID@maricopa.edu);
- A microphone and speakers on your computer OR a phone.
If you meet these requirements and have no questions, please skip to section III.
II. Technical Requirements: Details
- Can you receive e-mail on your computer? Can you browse the internet? Then you’ve got what you need to receive online tutoring.
- Before you sign up for online tutoring, be sure to establish your e mail account at MCCCD Student Email. Sign in using your MEID for a username.
- If your computer does not have a camera or mic, a phone number will be provided so you can call your tutor instead.
III. Starting a Tutoring Session
We use GoToMeeting software to share applications and documents. This product is cross platform, so it works with almost any computer. It is also optimized for low bandwidth, so the speed of your connection to the internet is never an issue.
A few minutes before your pre-scheduled online tutoring appointment, your tutor will send you an email invitation to an online room where your tutoring session will take place.
- Click on the link in this email.
- Your computer may ask you if you want to run the application. Indicate that you do by clicking “OK” or “Yes” or “Allow.” This software will not harm your computer.
- Enter your name and SCC email in the field provided. Click OK.
- If you do not have a mic and speakers, you can call the phone number shown on the screen to speak with your tutor once you’ve joined the meeting.Your tutor will be waiting for you and together you will find the best way to share your work and begin tutoring.
To schedule an online tutoring appointment, call us at 480.423.6416 or stop by LC-379. Be sure to indicate that you’d like to receive online tutoring for Spanish and confirm your Maricopa email address with the Writing Center staff.