Computers and technology resources
The computer lab in the Writing Center is open to all SCC students. We have the following computer, print, and copy resources available:
- 40 student computer stations
- 39 Windows 7 PCs
- 1 Apple iMac
- 4 black & white printers
- 1 color printer (for SCC course work only, please)
- 1 scanner (sheet-fed document scanner)
- 1 copy machine
- Copies are $0.10 per page
- Cash only (accepts bills and coins)
SCC uses a “pay-for-print” system, but each student is given a free credit of $25.00 (250 B/W pages) for each semester.
- Each student will receive $25 in print credit per semester (equal to 250 B/W pages at $0.10 per page).
- Color pages have a higher cost of $0.25 per page. Please be especially mindful of paper & ink waste when using the color printer, and limit your use to SCC course work only– no personal printing.
- After the initial $25 credit is used, additional funds can be added at the Cashiers’ Office.
- Print credit is only available when the student is currently registered.
- Unused print credit is non-refundable and non-transferable from one semester to the next semester.
If you need help on the computer, support staff are available to answer your questions. We can help with:
- Computer log in – finding your MEID and password
- Using computer resources like Microsoft Office and MySCC
- Accessing and searching SCC Library databases
- Using the printers and the scanner
- Formatting your paper, works cited page, etc., in MLA / APA format
- Submitting your paper to Canvas or TurnItIn.com
- Other basic computer questions
While the Writing Center staff can answer many basic computer questions, we do not offer help with computer courses (CIS, BPC, etc). Please visit the Student TechCenter (IT100) or ask your instructor what other resources are available for help in these courses.