What role can YOU play in the Sustainability effort at SCC and beyond?
The broad umbrella of Sustainability branches into almost every aspect of our campus’ operations and plays a central role in many aspects throughout life. You can help us fit our Sustainability Program to your interests and needs by organizing a sustainability project for yourself or for your class. Be sure to take a look at these links below for a couple of ideas that we have!
Are you interested in doing a sustainability-related project on campus? Take a look at these websites for a couple of ideas to get you started!
- Sustainability Careers:
- Macalester College: http://www.macalester.edu/sustainability/projects/studentprojects
- National Wildlife Federation: http://www.nwf.org/campus-ecology/get-involved/design-a-project.aspx
Faculty and Staff:
Lead a Sustainability initiative that you are passionate about on campus, incorporate Sustainability into a course you teach, or help us embed Sustainability into our curriculum. Visit these websites for a couple of possibilities:
Sustainability Projects for your Class:
Sustainability in Curriculum:
- Lane Community College Sustainability Infusion Project: https://www.lanecc.edu/sustainability/sustainability-infusion-project
- AASHE Webinar on Incorporating Sustainability into the Curriculum: http://www.aashe.org/events/webinars/2013-incorporating-sustainability-into-the-curriculum
- A Systematic Approach to Incorporate Susainability Into College and University Curricula: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959652606000187