Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 14:
- Trenching for the fireline is in progress.
- Excavation is complete for grade beams at new storefront pop outs on the East elevation.
- The main ductwork installation from the mechanical room through the corridor adjacent to the offices on the South end of the building is in progress.
- Soffit framing on the North and South of the building has been completed.
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 13:
- Trenching for the new domestic water line was complete and contractor was in the process of installing new domestic water piping.
- Concrete had been poured on the North and South sides of the buildings at study and office rooms.
- Sewer piping on the West side of the building was being replaced.
- The column closures have been poured.
- Steel supports for the South Window wall were installed.
- Soffit framing at the South elevation offices was in progress.
- Drywall was being installed on one side of the interior partitions on the East side of the building.
- Form work for additional concrete pours is in place. Contractor indicated that the remaining library will be poured in approximately three pours due to the size of the pours.
- Doweling for rebar into the existing concrete slab on the West side of the building was in progress.
One-side drywall in progress
Steel supports at south window
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 12:
- Excavation for grade beams along the East façade of the building were complete.
- Removal of the remaining concrete slab in the main library space was underway.
- Finish grade was established within the library and turndowns were in place at the existing concrete columns. Existing rebar was cut within approximately 24 inches of the column.
- Floor box layout within the center of the library was in progress. Contractor had
backfilled trenches at conduit prior to review by IT staff.
- North and South ends of the building were being prepared to pour the concrete slab.
- Formwork surrounding existing columns was being installed.
- Framing within the public restrooms was in progress.
- Installation of electrical conduit and j-boxes were in progress.
- Unistrut supports for mechanical ductwork was installed in the Southeast corner of the building.
Floor box layout and framing in progress.
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 11:
- Floorboxes and conduit for power and data were installed on the south end of the building.
- The electrical contractor indicated that the existing concrete slabs and existing waste slabs still remaining in the building were in conflict with their intended path to run the conduits back to the vault on the east side of the building. Contractor to remove the slab as necessary to provide a clear path for proper conduit routing.
South floor boxes and conduits
Std. floor box: 1” power 1-1/4” data
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 10:
- The center of the library has been graded.
- Metal framing was underway on the east side of the library.
East entry framing
Plumbing out of wall
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 9:
- Additional site demolition of East concrete walks was underway.
- The pre-cast concrete panels on the South elevation of the building have been removed. One panel has been relocated to infill an existing opening to the West and the two remaining panels have been stored on the East end of the site.
- Additional concrete demolition on the East end of the building was underway for floor box locations and waste piping at future water feature.
- Reinforcing steel for the grade beams on the North and South were in place.
South pre-cast concrete panels have been removed
Existing concrete sidewalk has been removed.
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 8:
- Holes have been drilled in existing grade beams for installation of epoxy adhesive anchors to tie in new grade beams on North and South elevations.
- Saw cutting for new waste piping on East side of building to existing restroom and security break room sink was underway.
- The existing main water line on the North runs beneath the new grade beam. This line is schedule to be capped and a new line further east will be installed.
- Lay out for walls were underway in the East portion of the building.
- Vent piping in SE corner of building appears to be installed outside of the wall.
Existing main water line
Vent pipe outside wall cavity
Reinforcing for grade beams
Framing work was scheduled to begin at the end of the week.
Holes for dowels have been drilled
Existing q-floor and recessed walker duct to be removed
Highlights from the 9/25/13 progress report: The installation of the underground plumbing is almost complete; abatement of the sealant on the pre-cast concrete panels is complete; there has been discussion about adding the infrastructure for the future installation of a water feature.
Pre-cast concrete panels will be removed and relocated.
Underground plumbing in public restrooms
Framing is scheduled to begin next week. Trenching for the underground plumbing is nearly complete.
Trenching for underground plumbing
Plumbing for restrooms