Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Reports 26 and 27:
- The steel columns, beams and steel trellis for the entry canopy have been installed. T.S. joists are on site and are in the process of being welded in place. Metal deck is on site.
- The pull vault has been installed on the East side of the library.
- Two additional 4” conduits from the pull vault up thru the chase and above the ceiling in the storage room have been installed. Contractor indicated that the area would soon be ready for the final concrete pour.
- Conduits for the 3M security gate had been installed at the front entry.
- The T.S. joists and metal decking were installed on the entry canopy
- Conduit and j-boxes are installed in the copy center for the future vending machines.
- The outside of the East and West walls of the classrooms have been rocked and joints and fasteners have been floated.
Entry canopy installation underway
Steel joists and metal deck installed at canopy
Gypsum board on outer classroom walls
Pull vault installed
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 24:
- Flat-panel wall boxes have been installed in the main entry. The backing for the future wall mounted LCD TV’s will need to be solid wood fire treated blocking or an alternate blocking product that provides significantly more load capacity than standard sheet metal backing. This is also the case at the classroom LCD tv’s.
- Hess Rountree surveyed the front entry canopy and located the caisons.
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 23:
- Terrazzo sample was submitted by Stone Finish.
- There are various types of insulation being installed within the library interior partitions.
- Threaded rods located along the West edge of the unistrut ceiling appear to be located directly on the edge of the ceiling assembly.
Multiple insulation types being used
Conduit and PWB boxes installed for LCD
Trough Lavatory piping
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 19:
- Conduit for data and AV has been installed over the East main entry.
- Miscellaneous pours of concrete were completed throughout. These include study room 407 and Staff Lounge 438.
- Steel supports for the classroom glazing are in place and have been anchored to the concrete slab.
- Sprinkler piping supports in the exposed waffle slab area are being installed.
- Speaker cans have been installed in the main ceiling structure.
- Supports for the ACT grid are installed in the South classroom. Conduits and j-boxes for light fixtures and projectors are currently being installed in the classroom as well.
Conduits at entry ceiling
Steel supports at classroom glazing
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 18:
- The majority of the concrete within the building has been poured. There are still two pours remaining. The East side of the library adjacent to the main entrance and miscellaneous pours for floor box trenches.
- Installation of conduit and j-boxes for linear light fixtures around the perimeter of the library is in progress and nearly complete.
- T.S. supports for the decorative acoustical wall assembly on the East and West of the classrooms have been installed.
- The floor box in the East study room is in place and conduit is complete. Reinforcing has been doweled into the slab and is ready for concrete.
- Return air ducts above the public restroom spaces have been installed.
- Soffit framing between the classroom and the study rooms on the North has been completed.
- Return ductwork along the North study rooms is in place.
- The quiet study and small study spaces on the West end of the library have been opened up into the library.
- Perimeter ductwork for the main library is in place.
- Metal framing between offices is beginning to be installed.
- The steel supports and channels for the head and sill of the South window wall are installed.
Steel supports at south glazing wall sill
Steel supports at south glazing wall head
Ductwork and framing at south study rooms
Ductwork above unistrut grid
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 17:
- Soffit framing within and around the classrooms is in process.
- Steel beams to support the NanaWall assembly have been installed at the classrooms.
- Soffit framing adjacent to the electric water coolers is in process.
- Conduit for the pendant lights over the study rooms has been installed. Ductwork above the study rooms and metal framing above the glass clerestory for the walls between study rooms has been installed.
- The NE corner of the library has been graded and is being prepped for concrete. The floorboxes in this area have been installed.
- Unistrut for the Tectum Ceiling assembly continues to go up.
- Trenches for the grade beams along the east elevation have been dug, and reinforcing was in the process of being installed for the storefront extensions.
- Insulation has been installed in the staff area behind the circulation desk.
- Contractor had begun removing a portion of the concrete slab in the Southern janitor’s closet to relocate the plumbing into the wall.
- The fire riser piping has been installed at the fire riser room. Work continues on the connection to the main south of the building adjacent to the parking lot.
East grade beam reinforcing
Floorboxes in staff area
Steel beam at classroom
Duct and framing at study rooms
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 15:
- Electrical in-wall rough-in has been completed on East side of building. Metal strapping for wall mounted flat screens has been installed. IT to review power and data at these locations and
sign off on quantity of conduits and location of backing prior to insulation and close-up of walls.
- Beam clamps and threaded rods are being installed throughout the center of the library for the floating ceiling.
- Framing for the North classroom is in progress.
- Major duct runs have been installed on the South side of the building and in the SE corner.
- Conduits for Data, AV and Fiber have been installed over the staff restrooms and public restrooms.
- South side floorboxes are installed and it appears grading has been completed and is prepared for concrete.
- Transitions from plastic conduit to emt at the concrete slab are in place throughout.
- J-boxes for stack lighting have been laid out along the West side of the library.
- Contractor has begun sawcutting existing concrete adjacent to floorboxes on the West end of the library to make room for new concrete.
- Metal framing pony walls to support glass above the study room intermediate partitions on the North end of the building are being installed.
Framing over intermediate walls between study rooms
Threaded rods and beam clamps
Highlights from DLR Group’s Field Observation Report 14:
- Trenching for the fireline is in progress.
- Excavation is complete for grade beams at new storefront pop outs on the East elevation.
- The main ductwork installation from the mechanical room through the corridor adjacent to the offices on the South end of the building is in progress.
- Soffit framing on the North and South of the building has been completed.