Communities of Learners
Each group of teachers from a common school form a CCOL: a Collaborative Community of Learners. The CCOL is facilitated by a project-trained professional during its first two years, and will then continue to meet with one of its own teachers as they become the leader by the third year.
CCOL activities include:
- Defining student learning goals
- Conducting student interviews
- Designing, implementing, and reflecting on classroom tasks
- Observing the CCOL facilitator teaching a lesson
- Opening classroom doors and making teaching practices public